Description of data protection

Description of data protection at Noste Isännöinti Oy


25 May 2018

Your housing association contracts property management services from our company, for which reason we process personal information regarding the residents and shareholders of the housing association. We need this information in order to provide property management services according to our agreement along with other housing services in your housing association. Data protection is important to us, and we tend to it in our daily work.

You can contact customer services with any questions regarding the processing of personal information, either by e-mail at or by phone at 044737 2250

In our property management business, we save personal information in our own customer register. Our customer register contains the following pieces of personal information about the residents and shareholders of the housing associations we manage:

  • information about the flat
  • the first and last names of those living in the flat
  • the national ID numbers when they are necessary to identify individuals
  • e-mail addresses
  • telephone numbers
  • dates of removals, incoming and outgoing

We retain personal information in our customer register for the time during which the resident/shareholder is in the housing association or the housing association is a customer of our property management business. Thereafter, we only keep the information as long and to the extent that it is necessary for invoicing, debt collection and legal measures.

We collect our information primarily in connection with removals into the building from the shareholders and residents themselves through various message channels such as our web page on a form, by telephone, by postal mail, e-mail or a comparable way. In addition, information related to individuals is accumulated on the housing association’s web pages in connection with logging in and visiting. In order to confirm the timeliness of the information, we update it through official sources or other service providers.

We need the personal information of shareholders and residents so that we can identify our customers when they transact business in our property management business or our electronic services. We use the information to supervise association fees and rents, accounts receivable, notification of residents and organising services acquired for the housing association. In addition, information may be used to monitor the interests of the property management business and those of the housing association. Besides these, personal information may be released to authorities presenting a statutory request for information.


Personal information is released to official representatives of your housing association in order to perform their tasks and to possible service providers used by the housing association, such as maintenance and collection companies. In addition, information can be released to the residents of the building, to shareholders or officials as required by law. All processing of personal data is performed honouring the privacy of the individuals in the register.

The information processed in our property management business are kept in a data-protected environment, and they are only used by employees of the property management company at secure workstations. Employees only have access to these systems by logging in using personal user names. In practice, personal information may be situated on the server or device of an outside service provider so that we can achieve a sufficient level of data protection. We store paper documents in fire-safe and locked spaces.

Those who are registered retain data protection rights according to the data protection regulations in force at any time applying to all registered parties. Among these rights is your right to request access to the data relating to you from the property management business, the right to request correction or deletion of information relating to you or limitation of processing, the right to object to the processing of information relating to you and the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities.